Exellent read <@U03UBGT4UQJ>! Any thoughts on how ...
# platform-engineering-in-edge-computing
c
Exellent read @Roni Floman! Any thoughts on how this would apply to edge environments where there is e.g. hundreds of locations to deploy into?
y
A centralized software catalog that acts as the source of truth is crucial for managing software deployments across a large number of edge environments. This is even more important when you have a significant number of locations to deploy into. Without a centralized source of truth, managing and accessing information across numerous locations can be error-prone. Therefore, having a single place to manage and access software components simplifies the deployment process. Additionally, a REST API would enhance accessibility and make it easier to integrate with other tools, streamlining the CI/CD process.
r
@Carl Moberg
c
Yes, agreed. AND; I would add that there is need for not only putting together a coherent definition of software, but also a means of describing what software require from the surrounding execution context. My experience is that edge environments can be very constrained and heterogenous (i.e. different CPU architectures) and there may also be requirements on e.g. GPU accessibility for certain types of applications. So it should be possible to declare runtime requirements as part of the definition of the software. Thoughts?
1. What does the software require from the surrounding execution context. My experience is that edge environments can be very constrained and heterogenous (i.e. different CPU architectures) and there may also be requirements on e.g. GPU accessibility for certain types of applications. So it should be possible to declare runtime requirements as part of the definition of the software. Thoughts?