Hello everyone! i am doing a research on the best ...
# jobs
p
Hello everyone! i am doing a research on the best countries with big tech hubs and DevOps / Platform engineers/ Architects opportunities. At this point, i narrowed down a few, such as Ireland, Switzerland, Brussels, UK, France. Would be happy to discuss your point of view on countries and cities for aspiring DevOps engineers. Let's see where the big hubs are!
c
Just a heads up: Switzerland is not as hot as you'd think. The cultural attitudes mean that they still don't value devs as much as they should. Salaries look high because cost of living is high here. But if you take average salary and see how average dev salary fares in terms of multiples (like 1.2x or 1.7x avg salary), I think you may find that Switzerland is not exceptional.
p
Thank you for the information! Sure a proper investigation on living costs and salaries would be a mandatory step before deciding on moving abroad. I will consider it for any future offers from Switzerland!
i
Israel for sure. Permanent huge hunger for DevOps
c
@Ilya Kaznacheev That's super interesting. Do Israeli companies hire for global remote or is it mostly Israeli residency is required?
i
@Christina Harker afaik yes, many small outsource companies and startups as well. But I don't have any statistics