1. Why should I use Kafka, why not active MQ?
Which kind of application I should use Kafka and why not Active MQ togather?
2. How does kafka comapare to AWS SNS/SQS?
3. Hammid, SQS is a notification service — Kafka is your data stream store — for a very small use cases sqs should be ok .. but if you are building an application that relies on real time data processing SQS will not work.
4. If we depend completely on the Kafka cluster, doesn’t this create a single point of failure risk?
5. Can you explain Consumer Groups a bit more? From what I understand, it’s a group of instances of the same service right?
6. are there some other optimization techniques to reduce the End-to-end latency in a kafka architecture (between producer and consumer)?
7. how can we scale kafka cluster? Is it straightforward ?