For people local to Boston, let me know if you’re ...
# wayfolk
a
For people local to Boston, let me know if you’re up a drink/dinner or something next week, we can talk stories and discuss “end of an era” (c) Bernard 🙂
b
my schedule just opened to be very clear
h
"My schedule just opened" hilarious
I wish I was in Boston
I'm half-tempted to fly up lmao
j
i can make myself available
j
I'm down for a meetup with one requirement - we start day drinking early
I'm like a reverse vampire that runs on whiskey
a
I’m afraid to ask how early is “early DAY drinking” 😂
j
6 AM
j
anything past 10am is fair game (I don't like to wake up early) but sweet spot is 2pm and go until about 9pm
b
boozy brunch and just keep going i see
j
there was as great BBQ joint in plymouth with half priced breakfast before 10am on Sundays. I had many kegs and eggs there
a
gosh, I certainly have some time to adjust to normal things. I read it as “GBQ JOIN”, Josh
b
you are free from google big query
j
hmm, is GBQ free of Andrii instead?
a
not to confuse with google big query free tier 😂
j
I still use GBQ and looker for my wife's biz - never free
h
What is your wife's biz?
d
Jordan, you’re on the right side of the pond again!
z
Count me in Andrii, although I’m out Friday to Sunday next week for a funeral
i
I’m def up for meeting up! Count me in
b
If it includes W people I’m down too
a
It includes “our people” regardless of their employment (or unemployment 😂 ) place
h
Wish I could expense a Boston trip lolol
I frigging love Massachusetts, Boston trips were a perk of the job for me lol
d
man I wish I lived in the area still, would've been cool to say hi to ya'll
s
I am available as well
s
Big yes
b
should we pick a day for this?
j
i can’t do wednesday
solo parent
a
Ok, so not Wednesday, not Friday. Any objections to Tuesday or Thursday (earlier evening time 4pm+)?
j
created a doodle for this - https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/dwnn5rMb. please mark your availability
location is TBD, just picked clery’s out of muscle memory and potentially convenience for everyone
a
yeah, let’s pick something quieter…
s
I can't do Thursday since that's my household's remaining income's in-office day (and immovable this week) but I'm good for anything else
j
it will also depend on group size. we can figure that out later and in person
i can also add saturday to the doodle
a
Zach can’t do Friday-Sunday
j
let’s just see availability for this week first and if it’s too partial, we can always create one for next week
z
Ya out of town
a
Jordan, any reason you dropped Tuesday?
j
i added it in but you’d be meeting with dave aaron
i think that’s super ok, just a warning that worlds may merge
a
should we reset it then? 1. Remove specific place, we can vote separately for that 2. Lets add all days this week and next week to see if we can get it all green
j
done
z
,Jordan can we expense a Berlin trip too
j
you can, assuming your household financials are OK with it
h
I am genuinely lowkey considering flying up, is that a crazy thing to do? Flights and hotels are cheap on account of the fact it is January and no one wants to vacation in Boston in January lmao
z
/s/vacation/exist/g
j
Not crazy at all, we would love to have you
h
Let me know if a date has been selected so I can book 🛩️
j
Sure thing. You can also look at response rates directly in the doodle
h
Yeah it's looking like Friday may be the winner
a
Ok, Friday 26th 6-9pm it is. Zach, we catch up with you later then and send you pictures 🙂
j
Do people want a formal calendar invite
a
For the place, Jordan mentioned Clery’s before, I’d like to propose CPK. (California Pizza Kitchen) - IMHO, less noisy (esp. on Friday), better food but more limited choice of drinks. If somebody wants to add some other place to mix - let me know, otherwise, I’ll start a poll at noon
b
@Jordan Chernev yes please
j
I be needing emails
h
No
@Andrew M. @Stephen Murphy @Bernard McCormack @Josh Swain @Jun Wang @Nicholas Philbrook @Brandon Figueroa will y'all be there?
b
n
Sad to say it's not in the cards for me to drive down this weekend. Thank you for thinking of me though.
I will likely be down there at some point, at the very latest I'll be attending the Metallica concert at Gillette on August 4th. So anyway, I'll share here if it works and potentially see some of your bright and shining faces eventually, in 3D as Haley likes to say
a
I assume (optimistically) that people who marked themselves available for Friday in Doodle is likely the one to attend
s
s
j
thanks all, i NO longer need emails
please feel free to edit out your information since this is a public slack
j
Sorry I have other plan this weekend, thanks for counting me in 🤠
a
Using primitive voting mechanism here, just push what you prefer. Nobody suggested any other places, let’s choose between these two, sorry for ping. Additionally, would be great to confirm that Jordan’s calendar invite. 1. Clerrys 2. California Pizza Kitchen @Jordan Chernev @Brandon Figueroa @Bernard McCormack @Irena Abramchuk @Saurabh Premraj @Stephen Murphy @Josh Swain @Nick Hentschel @zubin rupani @yu zhang @Hitarth Tarsaria @Haley Bourke (in case you decide to pull the trigger)
(6pm, this Friday 26th)
j
there isn't a '2' emoji at present btw
so it's all going to clery's
a
there is one, don’t cheat 🙂
h
But there is a 🍕
Ah never mind there is 1️⃣ and 2️⃣
j
sorry, i didn't find it when i was looking for it earlier
h
🍺 or 🍕 would also work
a
it’s like watching NH primary
z
You know the inevitable outcome but are drawn to watch in real time anyways?
b
Cpk then move to next bar
s
i can blather incoherently if it helps with the immersion
z
Sorry I can’t make it this week but next time
a
OK, it looks like we have a decisive winner - California Pizza Kitchen (CPK), specifically, it’s Prudential location - https://www.cpk.com/locations/california-pizza-kitchen-prudential See you all at 6pm tomorrow (Friday 26th) Jordan, could you please add the location to the invite just in case?
h
I am there
See you all tomorrow
j
done
@Zach Swanson, we need donezo
or party done or whatever its name is
h
I didn't get an invite
j
should be there now
did you respond to the original doodle btw? want to make sure i didn’t miss anyone else
h
No I didn't respond to the Doodle
z
My wife scheduled a daycare tour for today. I am going to, maybe, depending on how quickly I can get out of it.
s
alright, headed out to the north beverly train station. see y'all there!
s
I will be there by 7 ish it seems like
h
Sorry for the last-minute bail-out; I have caught a bad cold again. I will be taking a rest.
n
Wish I could chill with you all 👋
Try to grab a group pic?
j
I will eat your pizza slice
b
ETA? Do you have a reservation or would you like us to go in to get a table?
a
2 min, we do - Andrew/ 12 people
j
2 mins here as well
s
For anyone not here yet, we're inside
b
IMG_0702.jpg,IMG_0701.jpg
a
Any chance you have Zelle/PayPal?
i
I