:wave: Hello everyone, I'm late to the party as al...
# wayfolk
n
👋 Hello everyone, I'm late to the party as always.
z
but 2-3 beers ahead of everyone I assume
n
Still in my home country. Not beers but... 😅
z
so, back to Poland?
harshas artofthedeal
n
Not in Poland, but in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Harsha always joked that I'm from Poland.
z
THAT WAS THE JOKE
a
Oh well, welcome to the other side!
z
since 2 of you Euro's are awake, do you know much about Personio?
a
What's that? A company?
a
First time I hear about it. Though I'm not the best person to ask about such things, I'm more into nerd stuff with little practical use.
Side note: since we're welcoming Njegos here, we need to secure our supplies of rakija 🌚
d
Personio are looking for PEs
j
zach is most definitely not a PE
sorry zach, i couldn’t resist
this joke has no bearing on you
d
Having talked to Personio - i’m sure an inanimate object would make a good PE there 🤷
Sorry zach, has no bearing on you 😅
j
zach, this is more bullets than you’ve seen in iraq
t
Zach there is a ton of work for anyone with an active clearance. Have you checked out Kessel Run? There is at least one former Wayfarian, and they are putting K8s on fixed wing platforms. Of course they have a fixed cycle for hiring.
j
There is also a local airbase thats hiring for their digital unit
Its not fully remote though and I know Zach really prefers those roles
Lanscom? Sounds right
t
Hanscom.
j
That
t
Erich Deise is a director at Kessel Run. I have connections at Mitre, Raytheon and Lincoln Lab as well. But defense is well defense.
Oh yeah, and General Dynamics. Another former employee of the company Steve and Niraj first ran.
z
Yes tried Kessel back in the day, I steered clear of them at the time because while they were making a lot noise and getting lots of media they’d only had one fairly minor success and then produced very little. Also after working TS SCI for 3 years I really wanted to not be in a SCIF again
Try solving hard compute issues when you are only allowed python 2.5, no IDE, and only core packages.
I actually have a problem I worked on from those days that’s probably worthy of a LeetCode exercise, and I managed to make it run 100x faster than a PhD did.
j
Maybe a bit late. One if my friends work there as a developer