Hey all… I'm wondering does anyone have experience...
# kubernetes
a
Hey all… I'm wondering does anyone have experience with AKS and AGIC? I'm looking into using it as a public facing ingress for our multi tenant k8s cluster + non-kubernetes workloads (on-prem workloads). Any feedback in terms of things to watch out, limitations, pain points is very welcome!
n
To be honest I would not recommend it. We tried to use it for a project but faced some issues. For example the number of routes that be configured is limited to 200 or something similar. But besides that we had the situation where changes on listeners aka adding/configuring/deleting ingress resources took a significant amount of time, sometimes even forever which led to situations where the app gw was completely stuck. I won’t find the github issues but if you search you will find that others made similar experiences. We ended up using Traefik ^^. If you need app gw features for compliance or governance or whatever reason you can still place it in front of your ingress controller 🙂
a
Thanks, exactly what I was hoping to hear! I’m trying to get a “managed” API Gateway if possible - is Traefik managed or do you need to run it in your own cluster?
Also, how long ago have you tried AGIC?
n
We tried it about a year ago. Traefik is not managed by Azure, we run it in the cluster.
a
Unfortunately, I haven't seen so far ingress controller that is managed by someone else that is good enough.
n
funny, you found the issue, I also commented back in feb 2021 ^^
a
Yeah… The ticket is quite detailed and it's a bit off to see that Azure folks give zero f***
n
true