Hey guys, what’s the cheaper alternative for AWS t...
# platform-toolbox
t
Hey guys, what’s the cheaper alternative for AWS that would provide similar features? Our team finds it a bit pricey for now.
m
I know that it is not the answer but: What kind of AWS services do you use? Have you tried to optimize your costs?
t
Now we use storage and database services.
m
And what is the No 1 on your bill?
a
High is relative too, is it about margin or cash?
t
We look at other options for both storage and database with better margin solutions
p
digitalOcean 🙂
(you asked for a name, there you go. GCP is not a bad one too)
m
My friend is building this tool: https://cloudpouch.dev/ Maybe it can be useful for you. The recommendation part doesn't have a lot of features yet, but DynamoDB and RDS are there.
t
@Maciej Raszplewicz have you tried this yourself?
m
Yes. It didn't tell me anything I didn't already know but I have already audited AWS costs manually before using it.
j
Firebase?
a
Aiven has good offering on the database side.. What sort of storage and database are you running? There are a lot of options but without understanding your context, it is difficult to give a good advise.
t
@Maciej Raszplewicz thank you, we will check this one out @Jelmer Borst are you sure it could be a cheaper option? @Anjul Sahu Aiven is not an option for us for other reasons (can't really discuss this)
l
I think DigitalOcean can be a cheaper solution instead of AWS. Or if you have resource to manage everything, try out Hetzner VPSs...