Yesterday I shared the full infographic for the Pl...
# general
l
Yesterday I shared the full infographic for the Platform Engineering salary survey, so you can have it all in one place when asking for a salary 📈 Let’s take a closer look at the annual numbers. In the recent article about how Platform Engineering is different from DevOps and SRE @Aeris raised the question: is platform engineering just a title you can leverage for a salary bump? Leaving the “title only” for other discussions, the survey results show that platform engineers indeed make significantly more than DevOps, especially in Europe (19,4% more 😮). Still asking yourself is it worth turning your career path towards platform engineering? Numbers speak for themselves 😉
r
Hey Luca, thanks for sharing those insights. There is no doubt that the future of DevOps is Platform Engineering 😍 One question: can you share the number of people who responded to this survey?
l
Yes, thanks @Morgan Perry
r
Interesting how USA salaries differentiate from Europe. I never guess the gap was so pronounced.
r
Thanks @Morgan Perry
Yes @Roberto Carrera the gap is quite important
v
now we've got ourselves a new name the marketers and recruiters are going to use to call system engineers
I already imagine the next recruiter "but ....do you have experience in platform engineering?!"
n
Whilst the gap is there, what you don't see is the lower cost of living in Europe
v
we pay less for renting and for health insurance, health costs
x
The cost of living... Is relative, are we comparing France to Wyoming? 😉
v
would be good to know what to compare
d
Nice data! Could be interesting to know “time in the industry” in addition, as that would affect the salary many places. And max, min 🙂