Hi everyone, I started the hottest topic of the mo...
# general
s
Hi everyone, I started the hottest topic of the month a few months ago regarding Landing Zones in Cloud Platforms. My colleagues and I dug deeper into the topic and started working on a comprehensive comparison of different existing Landing Zone Solutions for the different Cloud Providers. The first result of this is a comparison of the solutions available for GCP. If you are interested in that topic, please have a read into my blog post. Similar comparisons for Azure and AWS will follow soon. I’d be happy about any feedback, improvement ideas for the post or experiences you made with those solutions 🙂
s
oh wow, the fabric approach is something I didnt see announced anywhere. i actually started to build something like that because the original modules and the original foundation examples were too much inheritance over composition, but fabric seems to be fixing this, which is great. thank you! going to jump on this then 🙂
s
happy i could bring that new insight for you, @Sandro Manke 🙂 Would really be interested in how it works out for you.
s
@Stefan Tomm so far i like it. the fabric repo isnt perfect but its a pretty comprehensive approach 🙂
s
@Sandro Manke getting this thread out of it’s grave 😉
did you manage to do something with fabric / fast ?
I have pretty good terraform knowledge, a bit less google , but still some knowledge, it seems strange to me to fork the foundation, I was thinking on building something similar to the foundation by copying bits of it , but fabric seem this, but I can’t seem to find good docs on how to use it 😉
s
i’ve used it once now, but honestly wouldn’t use it again. i usually went with forking and doing my own with using some modules where it fits and going with this again also. the foundation and fabric are a bit too frameworky and my experience: for enterprises its not generic enough as they have very custom requirements and for startups its too much, way too much. so… basically your idea seems about right i guess 😄