Hi guys Happy Friday! Wanted to get your thoughts...
# general
d
Hi guys Happy Friday! Wanted to get your thoughts on any tools you use for DORA metrics? Some of the SaaS tools out there (Sleuth, LinearB) seem insanely expensive…
j
We built our own, but wish we would have done something like https://github.com/googlecloudplatform/fourkeys
d
Ahh yes - came across that whilst searching with a colleague. Thing is, we’re all on AWS (and some Azure). I see TF modules in the repo but just for GCP resources 😞
j
I'm sure an AWS fork would be welcome.
r
Hi @Dharmesh Chhiba, What’s your primary use case? Just deploy/redeploy charts or whole lifecycle — from (Jira) ticket creation to out of the door? I can see the build vs buy, but having built I’d say that cost might be misleading. Especially once you want drill-downs, reporting etc.
d
Hey Ralf - thanks for responding. I think we’re not setup yet for targeting JIRA tbh. Literally any tool will give us more info than we have now. We will prob try fourkeys to see if it works - a lot of the pricing that we’ve seen, though prob justified is a bit out of our ballpark., esp. we’re looking to ~100 committers
r
Yes, if you have a 100 committers you probably want some good package that suits better. Would love to hear if fourkeys does the job (and how hard it is to use). BTW: you are a GitHub/GitLab org? Already using GH actions/GL pipelines?
d
GitHub and we’re transitioning teams to actions + pipelines now
r
That should make things easier!