Hi everyone! Happy to answer any questions related...
# platform-culture
j
Hi everyone! Happy to answer any questions related to my talk, How to convince management to invest in your platform, or anything else really 😄
👏🏻 1
👏 4
j
Nice talk @Jessica Ulyate! Loved the intro 😄 Curious to your journey on figuring out the right KPIs. What is the current thinking around that?
j
Well, it's a work in progress, we've decided to start with KPI trees at our squad level since they all take care of a slice of the overall engineering workflow. What I've noticed is there are two ways to go about it 1. find one north star metric and break that down (think mean time to recovery). 2. if one metric is difficult, think about the different dimensions that are important for the squad. For instance, for the squad that takes care of the Kubernetes infrastructure, we're thinking about performance, security, usability as some dimensions that are important, and we're trying to break those down into smaller units of things
👍 2
i
great talk @Jessica Ulyate, thanks for sharing! "The goal of a platform is to make our company more successful" 👏 👏 👏 With so much focus on developer experience we tend to lose sight of this. Looking forward to your KPIs talk next year 😄
j
thanks Ian! And yeah, I also love the focus on developer experience, internal tools are so easy to neglect. I'm also looking forward to figuring out how to get to the KPIs talk 😛