Hi all! If you are working at enterprise level in ...
# general
r
Hi all! If you are working at enterprise level in Europe, and when forming your platform Engineering team, how difficult was for you to map the skillset needed to transform your Infraestructure, and how available where those profiles in the job market? At least in Scandinavia with the low population rates, it is very difficult to form such teams. How do you overcome that challenge if you operate in Europa?
m
Here in the Netherlands, it is very hard to find good platform engineers. At the same time, not companies have already figured out they need a platform team. Once they do, finding people is hard, and vacancies are often filled with freelancers, who work for shorter periods of time, to either build something new, or to maintain legacy stuff to free up internal employees to start building. I am a freelancer myself and I am usually hired to build
r
Thanks @Mitch Hulscher for the inputs. Yes, the execution is quite a challenge with the current market. I guess time will also bring this kind of profiles up and running.