Heyoo Everyone!, I would love to share with you so...
# platform-toolbox
g
Heyoo Everyone!, I would love to share with you something my team have been working on 😭 Problem Modern-day ops have a wide range of great tooling that allows infrastructure teams to efficiently build & maintain the environment, but they are not optimized for self-service. An average project nowadays would require a developer to interact with docker-compose manifests, terraform configuration files, GitLab pipelines, Helm charts, Kubernetes manifests, etc. This is not an ideal experience for developers, so we built devx (x for experience). 🦸*The Mission* We want developers to interact with a single configuration file that’s easy and intuitive to describe everything their application needs, without having to be experts at all the underlying tooling used to implement this environment. Platform engineers can expose a simple, intuitive interface to developers that allow them to describe what the environment should look like without specifying how to implement it. Developers can define their workloads in CUE (or YAML), then devx consumes this definition and builds the configuration files appropriate for the target platform, such as
Docker Compose
Kubernetes
, and
Terraform
etc... Some cool features: • configurations are strongly typed (shift-left validation) • devx is extensible without writing custom code (you write CUE) • you can build your own levels of abstraction or use the standard lib • lightweight package management so you can pull and re-use platform definitions from Git repos 📖 Documentation https://docx.guku.io/ 🧑‍💻 The Code https://github.com/devopzilla/GUKU-devx Come join us, we're trying to build the next platform engineering standard to improve developer experience Let us know what you think!
k
This reminds me of Score.dev
g
@Kristian we love score, while the end goal is similar, our approaches are different. We focus more on the experience and intuitive interface. We also promote composability, we know that there's no one shoe-fits-all solution, so we enable platform teams to build their own components/microstacks based on their needs that are ready to be consumed by users
h
Different approach from score I would say, with score you technically have to wait for the abstraction to be implemented with devx you can do it yourself