I’m curious there is no #frontend channel and I’m ...
# general
h
I’m curious there is no #frontend channel and I’m curious why is that. Is there no need for it, or is it discussed in a different channel? More high-level — Does frontend belong to the umbrella of platform engineering from your perspective? Or is it too early for it to include also frontend platform perspective (and also briefly related — design systems) since it’s younger than devops/backend/infra platforms. What are your thoughts?
d
I'd be in favor of a frontend specific channel. That's certainly the motivation behind my joining of this slack. My company has a platform org and a couple of us on the frontend platform team, which as you mentioned includes design systems / component libraries (and some other things like UX/Client performance, core libraries, and the mess that is frontend build tooling) Would be nice to see what people are rallying behind especially because it is fairly early for "frontend platform".
g
Hey Honza and Derek, usually channels are community driven in this community and for now all the discussion about frontend I have seen happening did happen in the general channel or in the tech one. If you need a separate place, I think it would make sense to create and drive it yourself 🙂 I am happy to amplify it and help people find it!