Anyone know if there is a central policy layer for...
# general
j
Anyone know if there is a central policy layer for humanitec's resource management capabilities?
g
Hi Jesse, I forwarded your message, will come back to you shortly
g
If I understand the question correctly.... we do not have a resource that manages Cloud Provider Policies. However, we have an "Accounts" object that allows you to manage cloud provider account credentials (which would have associated policies) and then assign those accounts to particular resources. Was / is this answer helpful or have we missed the mark on what it was referring to?
j
Sorry more specifically I am asking if you have a way to centrally manage policies on what users are allowed to do with resources. Like for instance if there is a way to apply a policy that says for all users in my tenant, they must make sure that encryption at rest is enabled for any data storage, then inside the policy they have a way of listing the resource types and settings on those resources that must be enabled or users are denied
g
@Jesse Sanford From the developers perspective: they don't get to choose how a resource is configured. Instead, this is decided by the resource definition that is defined by the Platform Team. So, from a policy perspective - the resource definitions can be centrally managed if needed.
j
I see, but no additional policy is applied at execution time?
g
No, this is it.