Hey peeps. I had a hard time setting up OpenTeleme...
# platform-toolbox
a
Hey peeps. I had a hard time setting up OpenTelemetry tracing with Go (I’m a Node.js dev). Once I finally wrapped my head around it, I wrote this tutorial to explain it to myself as simple as possible. It includes using observability-driven development. Would enjoy hearing what the community thinks about ODD and if it is viable to extend the existing TDD toolset. https://tracetest.io/blog/observability-driven-development-with-go-and-tracetest
j
Nice, I'm super interested in this, and how you see devs using it alongside DT use cases in debugging prod environments. Would they use tracetest for this as well? Or a different UI/data set?
a
Hey @John Kinmonth! You can use Tracetest for testing prod as well. As long as you connect Tracetest to the trace data store where your prod traces are stored, running a tests against prod will pick up the distributed trace for that HTTP transaction and give you spans to assert against. It’s cool because Tracetest also has a CLI you can configure to run tests in your CI/CD pipelines. Catching issues before even going into prod is also a nice use case here. I’d be thrilled to talk more about this with you!