Hi all, is anyone running backstage successfully i...
# platform-toolbox
d
Hi all, is anyone running backstage successfully in your org to develop IDPs? I found it difficult to get off the ground with a lot of “package.json” errors (if the team using backstage needs nodejs knowledge to run it, which team in your org is maintaining backstage? Our cloud engineers won’t be too happy to adapt to node js)
c
Totally agree Dhanya. Backstage is not an easy thing to get up and running if you’ve little experience in the tech stack. It can be just yet-another-learning curve for the platform teams. This is why Syntasso has been working on: https://platformengin-b0m7058.slack.com/archives/C037UGSKMBP/p1673977761956209
To answer you more directly we do have a little experience, yes. I’d be happy to chat,
d
Thanks Christopher, let me take a look at Syntasso and will DM you.
a
If you can use Roadie.io to run Backstage
a
Hi @Dhanya Jayachandra, have a look at Compass, can get your instance up and running in a few clicks since it’s a SaaS offering. It’s currently free to use, so worth checking out. Would be interested in hearing your feedback on the product.
d
Thank you @Andrew Boyagi and @Andre Marcelo-Tanner, I will take a look at these 🙂
b
@Dhanya Jayachandra a bit late here…but feel free to check out opslevel.com if you want yet another alternative 🙂 pm me if you’ve any questions!