Hello Everyone - I am an Operations manager lookin...
# intros
m
Hello Everyone - I am an Operations manager looking at implementing an IDP to enable self-service for our developers and streamline our application delivery process. Would love to hear from any and all of you that have been a part of a transformation and onboarding to an IDP.
a
Hi! I'm working as a consultant, helping companies with transformation and setting up IDP's. We just released a podcast with one of our customers you may find interesting: https://www.eficode.com/devops-podcast/platform-engineering-done-right We have also started an open source template of the OS tools we use when implementing IDP's with clients. (work in progress, can share soon if interested).
Feel free to DM if you'd like to know more, or I'd be happy to have a google meet chat and share more.
e
idp? like platform or identity providers?
a
In this context (Platform Engineering), I'm assuming Internal Development Platform.
e
oh sorry I was looking at his other post
a
Always good to clarify, IDP is becoming an overloaded acronym. πŸ™‚
r
At this point, I think all TLAs have become overloaded.
a
Hi @Michael Melton nice to have you here πŸ‘‹ I led a platform engineering team where I rolled out an IDP in a large bank with 7,000 engineers. Rolling out an IDP is challenging but also rewarding. Happy to share some learnings and any advice you might need… Reach out anytime.
s
Hello @Andrew Boyagi, I will love to hear your story on IDP implementation. what sort of IDP platform you build, ( custom or on the shelf tool etc) . What are the challenges you faced and how you solved those problems ? what are successes criteria for IDP solution ?
a
Hi @Shridhar Patil Probably more than I can cover in Slack messages πŸ™‚ How would you like to consume the answers to your question? I can write an article, record a video, or we can have a zoom meeting where I can answer your questions? Or a combination of the above πŸ™‚
s
I think combination of the above. if you can create article and than I can go through it and add more question for you to answer through zoom call ? πŸ™‚ let me know if that works ?
a
Sounds good!