Hiya, it’s so nice to be here! I’m Anne, living an...
# intros
a
Hiya, it’s so nice to be here! I’m Anne, living and working in London, UK, and I currently work in a relatively small platform team in a game development company called Push Gaming. I’ve been at the company for about six months now, and I’m still pretty new to the industry as I pivoted from studying humanities/working in cultural industries my whole life! My role within this platform team is to oversee and move our CI/CD pipeline processes from GitHub Actions to Harness, and I’ve also been maintaining and updating high-level infrastructure with Helm charts. If you ever want to connect on LinkedIn, here’s my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kleinlikeblue/ So lovely to meet you all! 🤍
j
That's a sizable pivot, props to you for having the courage to do it. Welcome also.
d
Welcome and i am in same domain. works for many ci-cd like azuredevops , gitlab , github action and k8s.
i
Wow kudos! a sizable pivot indeed. I have a strong interest in the humanities as well and have been studying a couple of subfields for the past 10 years or so.
a
I'm an ex-political science major in tech so appreciate that! Since you're around London it would be great to see you in #loc-uk and maybe at one of the upcoming meetups!
f
Such a cool move! Kudos and welcome 👏
a
thank you all for the lovely welcome! @Abby Bangser i’d love to come along next time there is a meetup in london, for sure!
t
Read your post on the pivot and wow what a bootcamp experience. That’s so great in the UK. I am a technical product manager but would like those similar skills so thinking about how to do that as well.