Has anyone tried running some sort of NPS Slack bo...
# platform-culture
a
Has anyone tried running some sort of NPS Slack bot to gather feedback from engineers on developer experience in the company?
j
Yes. Highly successful. https://getdx.com/
p
Yes. And several other methods such as imbedding NPS into the tools themselves and non-NPS surveys. The primary issue we ran into was a very low response rate, <20% for 1000-3500 engineers. It declined over time (quarterly) until some steady state of low single digits. What we found more successful was 1:1 customer engagement interviews. It gave more actionable feedback but cost the team more time to ensure we got a broad range of engineers.
j
We achieved 90+% response rate over the 4 quarters I ran the DX survey linked above. (thousands of engineers)
a
We used DX for a couple quarters. It works, and we got some good insights, but it is pretty expensive to keep it running year round (for us).
@Paul DelRe can you share some interview questions/topics that you cover during your 1:1s?
p
These are pretty broad which was our teams' attempts to validate intended direction (some questions are leading) and identify if there were any hotspot areas. I took a pass and I think they're still pretty general for any org going through a Platform journey.