I didn’t see anyone share this link yet, so, I do ...
# platform-culture
a
I didn’t see anyone share this link yet, so, I do it 😄 I love this article from Camille Fournier. “The Product Culture Shift”, a recommended reading 👍 https://skamille.medium.com/the-product-culture-shift-441c31a3fdf1
w
Hey I’m the group product manager for the platform group at 99designs.com and we are on the other side of the change described in this article. I’ve also been involved with similar shifts in other orgs if anyone is interested in chatting about it further in-depth 😄
l
Great article! And we are really in the middle of it! BTW the article mention a shift in how we are measuring the team, moving away simply from ticket-based measurements. Which are the KPIs you have in place for your platform team(s)?
w
At a top level I care about the following measurementNumber of product opportunities a platform capability unlocksAdoption (market share) of platform capabilityUsefulness of a platform capability measured by UMUX Lite
At a top level I care about the following measurement • Number of product opportunities a platform capability unlocks • Adoption (market share) of platform capability • Usefulness of a platform capability measured by UMUX Lite
s
My favorite measurements: • # of products built on top of a shared platform framework (combinatorial innovation) • developer velocity: how long did it take to build XYZ feature before the platform and after? you can get granular with these too - development time, test time, review cycle time, deployment time • NPS score - engineers are our customers and getting a pulse from them every 3-6 months is important • product uptime, availability, time to resolve bugs - if you’re building an infrastructure foundation, it has to have SLAs better than any of the products
d
I don't like NPS, I prefer CSAT
UMUX Lite seems nice, I'd never heard about it before