&gt; WDYT about <Backstages Golden Paths> idea? Ou...
# platform-blueprints
h
WDYT about Backstages Golden Paths idea?
Our developer portal ("Sunrise") is based on Backstage and I'm certainly a fan of golden paths. Currently we have so-called application templates (e.g. for Java Spring Boot app) in our developer portal so teams can get started easily. The idea is that our communities of practice (e.g. Kotlin or Python guild) provide such "golden path" application templates for the common use cases.
o
joining late but maybe there is somewhere to read more about Sunrise? And how does the communities of practice works? who manage them? who own the template? (if they need to be updated, which team need to have a task for that 🙂 )?
h
I'll share some details on Sunrise in the webinar on May 3rd 🙂 https://humanitec.com/webinars/cloud-native-developer-experience-at-zalando
❤️ 1
r
In CloudBees we were discussing the previous day who really creates the golden paths, because there are multiple platform teams. Security team, Network/Infrastructure team, Eng Prod.. So, we started to think that at the end, there are multiple Golden Paths per repository. And, the more autonomy you want to give to developers and let them innovate, more golden paths they should optionally use
and there is a critical part that in our opinion is not solved by any CI/CD pipeline, which is.."Ok, I am the security team and now I want to add a new scanner", how can I roll out this as a PR if CI/CD pipelines are imperative?
We think that solving this problem should be an important enabler for Platform teams. WDYT?