Hello. I'm new here and wanted to share what DevOps means to me. Questions and comments are welcome. :)
D on't prematurely optimize because
E nough is enough
V elocity? yeah, we got that
O pen mind to new ideas
P eople are not the enemy
S ecurity?!? - ZG9uJ3QgZnVjayB3aXRoIHVz
- We are the Ops that Devs enjoy working with.
- Frameworks are a dime a dozen. DevOps is the framework for dealing with frameworks.
- We don't need a distributed system to observe our distributed system ... yet.
- Configuration management tools were built upon the foundation of strong command line skills.
- We make technology decisions on the needful rather than the new and shiny.
- We work together with other departments in the Org. We do not work for any other dept.
- One step ahead or just in time most of the time. Able to rise to any occasion when motivated.