Hello Everyone - I am an Operations manager lookin...
# general
m
Hello Everyone - I am an Operations manager looking at implementing an IDP to enable self-service for our developers and streamline our application delivery process. Would love to hear from any and all of you that have been a part of a transformation and onboarding to an IDP.
s
I've used keycloak for internal platform services with great success, can proxy into things like your SSO service providers or backends like ActiveDirectory. It's primarily used for apps so if you're getting down to privilege escalation in a kernel that may be trickier: https://www.keycloak.org/
m
I love acronyms in IT... For this I meant IDP as in Internal Developer Portal and not "IdP" Identity Provider 😄
j
That's what I always hear, too, @Sean Jacobs. I'm like, "yeah, user management is a tough problem at scale."
s
haha
j
Also, @Andrew Boyagi might have some good learnings from a recent enterprise rollout for ya @Michael Melton.
a
@Michael Melton feel free to reach out anytime
j
👋@Michael Melton - Happy to share our observations regarding enterprise rollouts. Feel free to DM me.